Bring the Christmas magic to your kitchen
This week we were playing with our latest collection to create the ultimate Christmas kitchen for our photo session. I’m in love with all the beautiful pieces I found this year. In fact, every time we set up a photo session I want to keep everything for myself! This time even more so, as it’s my own kitchen featured in the photos.
To get you inspired I want to show you some of the gorgeous things we have this year but first a recipe for spicy sugar biscuits! These are perfect for making with children. My son loves to use cookie cutters to press ot shapes in the dough. It’s the perfect activity to do together as a family.
- 100g unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 medium free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 275g plain flour
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground aniseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, a little at a time, until well combined, then stir in the flour and spices and bring together to form a dough.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured work surface to a thickness of 1cm. Using biscuit cutters, cut biscuits out of the dough and carefully place onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to harden for 2 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool they can be decorated with icing.
There are beautiful snowy white stoneware plates, bowls and serving platters, but my favourite has to be the Bea collection, with imprints of flowers picked out in subtle natural tones. The Marion collection in raw terracotta is also really original.
You can find the whole collection in our Online Shop now.
What are your plans this Christmas? How are you going to create a magical home to enjoy with your loved ones? We want to see your ideas so we’ll be asking our followers to post their photos with the hashtag #nomadestilochristmas. We’ll choose our favourite on the 20th December and send the winner a special prize.